It’s Not the Dough, It’s the Dopamine: The Dangerous Myth of the Responsible Gambling Model
March 15, 2023 from 1:00 – 3:00 PM EST
Northeastern Law’s Public Health Advocacy Institute will host a webinar on the law, science and impact of rapidly expanding gambling in America by drawing on the longer experience of the UK. Don’t miss this unprecedented program during Problem Gambling Awareness Month.
- Richard Daynard, JD, PhD, University Distinguished Professor of Law, Northeastern University who has been at the forefront of the legal challenge to Big Tobacco
- Mark Gottlieb, Executive Director of the Public Health Advocacy Institute at Northeastern University School of Law.
- James Orford, PhD, Professor (emeritus) of Clinical and Community Psychology at Birmingham University and author of “The Gambling Establishment Challenging the Power of the Modern Gambling Industry and its Allies” (Routledge Press, 2020)
- Mark Petticrew, PhD, and May van Schalkwyk, MBBS, MPH, from the London School of Hygiene;
- Matt Gaskell, C.Psychol AFBPsS, Clinical lead for the NHS Northern Gambling Service
- Liz Ritchie, MBE, and Will Prochaska, MSc, from Gambling with Lives
- Harry Levant, MA PCC, ICGC-I, an Internationally Certified Gambling Counselor, person in recovery, and doctoral student at Northeastern University examining the impact of gambling on public health
Moderated by podcaster and radio legend Steve Martorano.
Mar 15, 2023
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm