Northeastern University Transitions to Online and Remote Learning on March 12
3.11.20 — Beginning Thursday, March 12, Northeastern University will transition to online and remote learning. “We arrived at this decision carefully and thoughtfully, not precipitously. We are seeking to preserve the essence of a Northeastern education — including current co-op placements — while also taking prudent steps to reduce the risk of infection within our community,” said President Joseph E. Aoun.
What this means for the Northeastern Law community:
- All courses will be taught online beginning Thursday, March 12. Faculty will contact students directly regarding the logistics for each class. Students may also contact individual faculty with questions about courses.
- Students with questions not related to specific courses, should contact the following offices:
- For technical questions related to online learning, hardware and software, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.373.8919 or the Northeastern ITS Help Desk at HELP@northeastern.edu or 617.373.4357 (HELP).
- For other questions or concerns, contact the Office of Academic and Student Affairs at email@example.com.
- While all courses will be held online, university offices, the School of Law buildings and residential housing will remain open. If students need assistance, law school staff and faculty will be available.
“While we understand that this transition to online learning will bring challenges, we are committed to the safety and well-being of community members above all else. We appreciate your patience through this process,” said Dean James Hackney.
Updates on the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Northeastern University is closely tracking the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak and university leaders are making contingency plans and decisions in accordance with global public health authorities.
>> Read more
About Northeastern University School of Law
The nation’s leader in experiential legal education since 1968, Northeastern University School of Law offers the longest-running, most extensive experience-based legal education program in the country and is a national leader in legal education reform. Founded with cooperative legal education as the cornerstone of its program, Northeastern guarantees its students unparalleled practical legal work experiences. All students participate in full-time legal placements, and can choose from the more than 1,500 employers worldwide participating in the school’s signature Cooperative Legal Education Program. Northeastern University School of Law blends theory and practice, providing students with a unique set of skills and experience to successfully practice law.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.