Hon. Mo Cowan ’94
As a member of the Senate, Cowan championed immigration reform, supported an extension of the Violence Against Women Act and participated in a bipartisan coalition to provide disaster relief to New England’s fishing industry. “At Northeastern, I learned about the law and about being a professional,” recalls Cowan, now chief legal and external affairs officer for Devoted Health. “Through my co-ops and coursework, I discovered my true professional passions, learned about the value of being a good corporate citizen and focused on how to use my professional skills to help people.”
US District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts
On his first co-op, Senator Cowan honed his writing skills under the supervision of Judge Patti Saris.
- Black Law Students Assocation
North Carolina Prisoner Legal Services, Raleigh, North Carolina
Senator Cowan joined staff attorneys in their work to correct unlawful criminal sentences and advocate for safe, humane and constitutional prison conditions.
Peabody & Arnold, Boston, Massachusetts
In downtown Boston, Senator Cowan focused on civil litigation and corporate matters.
Office of the Public Defender, Palm Beach County, Florida
On co-op in Florida, Senator Cowan explored his interest in criminal law and came to the conclusion that business law would be his post-graduate path.
Associate, Peabody & Arnold, Boston, Massachusetts
- Partner, Mintz Levin, Boston, Massachusetts
- Chief Legal Counsel and Chief of Staff, Office of Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Boston, Massachusetts
- Senator, United States Senate (appointed to fill seat vacated by the Hon. John Kerry), Washington, DC
- President and CEO, ML Strategies, and Of Counsel, Mintz Levin, Boston, Massachusetts
- Vice President of Legal Policy and Litigation, General Electric, Boston, Massachusetts
- President, Global Affairs and Policy, General Electric, Boston, Massachusetts
Chief Legal and External Affairs Officer, Devoted Health, Waltham Massachusetts